Item is temporarily out of stock.
Beginner Candle Making (March 31, 2012)
Would you like to learn how to make beautiful candles on your own? Materials for the class will be provided by the instructors. Sign up for this candle making class, and learn different techniques, ask questions, and meet new people! Go home ready to start a new hobby or business.
The Peak Candle Instructors will demonstrate step by step how to make a Container Candle, and the best part is that they will be there to guide you the whole way and answer any questions you may have. The class will be from 11:30am to 3:30pm and the steps that will be included are:
• Safety Precautions on making candles and how to make them safely in your own home.
• Wax Melting using a double boiler method, Proper ways to measure wax and fragrance oils, and an explanation about temperatures of the wax.
• Demonstration on easy ways to wick your container, and also instructions on choosing the right wick.
• Fragrance usage, measuring fragrance etc. Explanations on what can happen when using too much, too little, correct temperatures to add the fragrance, sensory adaptation, and curing times.
• Dye additions - How much is too much? A deomonstration on adding the dye to your wax.
• Pouring - Temperatures of pouring wax, saving wax for a repour, cleaning techniques.
Class will be held at:
Clements Community Center
1580 Yarrow Street
Lakewood, CO 80214