Starburst (IGI R-2778) Palm wax is designed for use in making beautiful pillar and votive palm candles.
• Available by the 10 lb. Bag
• Melting point: 138 deg. F
• Available in granulated form.
Starburst Palm wax creates a pattern effect that is one of a kind. The crystal patterns can vary with different fragrance oils and pour temps.
• An opaque wax.
• Recommended pour temperatures are in the range of 180-210 deg. F.
• For best results, we recommend pouring at 200 deg. F. We recommend insulating the molds with bubble wrap or a towel to allow the crystals to form optimally.
• Maximum fragrance load recommended is 5%. Use fragrance oils made for candles.
• We recommend using Peak Prisma liquid dyes for best results. Liquid dyes are more concentrated than dye chips and will color palm easier.
• For layering, we recommend pouring the first layer at about 205 deg. F. Allow the first pour to harden and form a wax layer and cool, but not completely cool. Pour the second layer hotter, around 210 deg. F.