Feather Palm wax is designed for use in making attractive pillar and votive palm candles.
• Available by the 55 lb. CASE
• Melting point: Typical ~ 130 deg. F
• Available in granulated form.
Feather Palm wax creates a unique crystal effect that looks like feathering. The crystal patterns can vary with different fragrance oils and pour temps.
• An opaque wax
• Recommended pour temperatures are in the range of 180-210 deg. F.
• For best results, we recommend pouring at 200 deg. F. We recommend insulating the molds with bubble wrap or a towel to allow the crystals to form optimally.
• Maximum fragrance retention is 5%. Use fragrance oils made for candles.
• We recommend using Peak Prisma liquid dyes for best results. Liquid dyes are more concentrated than dye chips and will color palm easier.
• For layering, we recommend pouring the first layer at about 205 deg. F. Allow the first pour to harden and form a wax layer and cool, but not completely cool. Pour the second layer hotter, around 210 deg. F.